Kanso Chefs Knife 20cm
Kanso Chefs Knife 20cm
- Low stock - 1 item left
Based on the Zen philosophy principle that simplicity is achieved by eliminating the non-essential, Kai Shun's Kanso range removes anything that doesn't matter and keeps everything that does: high-performance steel, a razor-sharp edge, perfect balance and precision cutting control.
The Shun Kanso 20cm Chefs Knife is an all-purpose knife, ideal for a wide variety of cutting tasks. A valuable asset in your kitchen, the chefs knife is perfect for preparing vegetables, meat, poultry and more. Based on its Asian counterpar, the gyuto, the Kanso Chefs Knife offers a wider heel with a fairly flat profile toward the heel - perfect for push cuts - but also has a little belly from mid-blade toward the top so it can be gently 'rocked' through fresh herbs or spices to produce a very fine mince.
- Made from Japanese AUS10A Steel: A highly refined, high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel that takes a razor-sharp edge and holds it longer.
- Heritage Finish: Hides scratches and gives a rustic look that improves with age.
- Tagayasan Wooden Handle: Known as iron sword wood. Handle contouring enables an easy chef's grip.
- Full-tang Construction: Provides strength, balance, and easy cutting control.
- Sharpened to 16° cutting angle each side: Cuts cleanly and help preserve food's freshness and best taste.
- Cutting Edge: Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade
- Steel: Heritage finish Japanese AUS-10A high carbon, vanadium stainless steel
- Hardness: 60 HRC
- Blade Length: 20cm
- Handle: Full tang construction fitted with a contoured Tagayasan (iron sword wood) riveted wooden handle
- Origin: Handcrafted in Japan
- All Shun Kanso knives are presented in an attractive gift box.
Use & Care:
- Shun knives should be used in a smooth, slicing motion, not in a chopping, piercing or stabbing motion.
- Do not use Shun knives on hard materials like bones, joints, frozen foods, or hard vegetables like pumpkin.
- Use a good cutting board made of wood, wood composite, or polyethylene to retain a sharp edge for longer.
- Hand-wash knives with gentle dish soap and do not leave them submerged in soapy water.
- Store knives in a block, case, or magnetic holder to protect the blade and ensure safety.
- Regular honing with a Shun Honing Steel is necessary to prolong the life of the blade, and sharpening should only be done when necessary using a Shun or Seki Magoroku Whetstone or by a professional sharpener.
Introducing Kai Shun knives – a masterpiece of craftsmanship, inspired by Japan's legendary samurai sword-making heritage. Each knife in this exquisite collection undergoes over 100 meticulous steps, ensuring unparalleled quality and beauty. Crafted by skilled artisans in Seki City, the heart of Japan's cutlery industry for over 700 years, these knives are designed to elevate your culinary experience. Discover perfection in every cut with Kai Shun knives, where tradition meets innovation, offering an array of cutting tools and utensils to suit your culinary needs. Explore our range and bring the spirit of Japanese precision to your kitchen.
Free Nationwide Shipping when you spend over $99 (excludes bulky items).
Otago & Southland - $3.00. Expected delivery within 1-2 business days.
South Island - $5.50/$9.50 Rural. Expected delivery within 1-2 business days. Please allow an additional 2 business days for rural delivery.
North Island - $8.50/$13.50 Rural. Expected delivery within 3-5 business days. Please allow an additional 2 business days for rural delivery.
North Island Express - $15.00. Expected delivery within 2-3 business days. Please allow an additional 2 business days for rural delivery.
Bulky/Heavy Items - Due to some items weight or size (furniture, espresso machines etc), some items will be charged a higher shipping rate and are excluded from our free shipping deal. Shipping for bulky items starts from $25 and is dependent on weight/size and destination.
Delivery Times - Delivery times are estimates only and we do not guarantee delivery of orders within these delivery targets due to courier delays or unforeseen circumstances.
Delivery Information - We use NZ Post, Aramex and PBT couriers. We aim to dispatch your order by the next working day. Orders placed on Friday afternoons, weekends or public holidays will be dispatched the next business day.
Please contact us with any specific delivery requests and we will do our best to accommodate.
Delivery costs and timeframes are calculated at checkout.
Australia - For smaller, lighter items you will have the option of NZ Post International Air Post or DHL Express Courier. Heavier, larger items will be sent by DHL Express Courier. Please allow 10-12 working days for NZ Post and 3-5 working days for DHL.
Rest of World - We use DHL Express Couriers for all orders outside New Zealand & Australia. Delivery costs and delivery timeframes are calculated at checkout.
Customs Charges & Delivery Information - Orders from outside New Zealand may be subject to duties and taxes, which are processed once your shipment reaches your country. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so please check with your local customs office for further information. Mooch takes no responsibility for any extra customs charges or delays at your country's border.
Please note: We are unable to ship some items outside of New Zealand and Australia. We will contact you as soon as possible if any items in your order are affected and provide a refund.
Check out our Delivery & Shipping FAQs for more information.