Cloud lights were first launched in 2008 as part of the Spiral Islands installation of matching lights and settees. This was inspired by the clouds that David Trubridge saw sitting over small islands all over the Pacific Ocean, which were used by Polynesian navigators to find islands from afar. The Cloud lights were made with frosted plastic but were later discontinued due to the negative environmental impact of the material. Cloud has now been given a second chance through a new material. The new version is made almost entirely of bamboo plywood applied in the same strips or rings. This allows light to shine through while offering a similar visual lightness as the former translucent plastic version.
Please note: Painted options of Cloud are generally cut to order with a lead time of up to 8 weeks. Please email us if you need your light urgently and we can contact David Trubridge for their current stock levels.
- Shipped in environmentally friendly packaging.
- Easy assembly at home via PDF or online video.
- Available in two sizes with 12 colour options.
- Comes with suspension wires, cord and bulb holder.
- Intended for dry interior spaces.
- Small Dimensions: Length 1250mm (49") x Width 1250mm (49") x Height 450mm (18”)
- Small Weight: 2.4kg (5.3lb)
- Large Dimensions: Length 1717mm (68") x Width 987mm (39") x Height 475mm (19”)
- Large Weight: 3.4kg (7.5lb)
- Packaging Kitset Dimensions: Length 1250mm (49”) x Width 620mm (24”) x Height 50mm (2”) / Weight 18kg (39.7lb).
- Box includes: Kitset lampshade including fixings/suspension, lamp holder and instructions. No lamp/bulb or ceiling rose included.
- Material: Bamboo plywood, nylon clips.
- Installation: Cordset 5m/15ft, 4 x Suspension Wires.
- Assembly required.
- E26/E27 lamp/bulb required.
Otago - Free Local Shipping within Otago (excludes bulky items).
Rest of NZ - Free Shipping with orders over $99 (excludes bulky items). Shipping for orders less than $99 starts from $6.21 (dependent on weight and destination).
Bulky/Heavy Items - Due to some items weight or size (furniture, espresso machines etc), some items will be charged a higher shipping rate and are excluded from our free shipping deal. Shipping for bulky items starts from $20 and is dependent on weight/size and destination.
Delivery Times - Within New Zealand we use PBT and NZ Post couriers. We aim to dispatch your order by the next working day and it usually takes up to 3 working days for delivery depending on your location. Orders placed on Friday afternoons or over the weekend will be dispatched on Monday.
Feel free to contact us if you have any specific delivery requests. We will do our best to accommodate! We do try to ensure orders are delivered within the delivery target period as advised by the courier companies. However, we do not guarantee delivery of orders within these delivery targets due to courier delays or unforeseen circumstances.
For overseas customers you will have the option of standard NZ Post International Air (not a tracked service, up to 12 working days) and NZ Post Courier (up to 10 working days).
Orders from outside New Zealand may be subject to duties and taxes, which are processed once your shipment reaches your country. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so please check with your local customs office for further information. Mooch takes no responsibility for any extra customs charges or delays at your countries border.
If any goods arrive damaged, please email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery.