The MIYABI 5000MCD bread knife has a long, strong blade. The serrated edge is able to cut through thick, crusty bread easily and evenly and is ideal for every-day kitchen use. Aesthetics have played a key role in Japanese cuisine since time immemorial. The look of a dish and the way it is presented on the plate are just as much a part of the pleasure as its taste and aroma. In the kitchen, Japanese chefs are just as demanding where aesthetics are concerned as they are with functionality. The MIYABI 5000MCD series of knives provides professionals and ambitious amateur chefs with a set of precision knives that combine perfect functionality and ergonomics with unique design.
- Blade core made of MicroCarbide MC63 powder steel embedded in 100 layers of steel for exceptional hardness of approx. 63 Rockwell (international standard unit of measurement for hardness) and outstanding cutting edge retention.
- Unique floral Damask pattern on the blade.
- CRYODUR® ice-hardened blades provide particularly good cutting edge retention, corrosion resistance and optimum blade flexibility.
- Authentic Japanese blade profile.
- The symmetrical blade with ultra-sharp Honbazuke edge ensures incredible sharpness.
- Traditional D handle made from Masur birch for perfect balance, optimum control and tireless cutting.
Otago - Free Local Shipping within Otago (excludes bulky items).
Rest of NZ - Free Shipping with orders over $99 (excludes bulky items). Shipping for orders less than $99 starts from $6.21 (dependent on weight and destination).
Bulky/Heavy Items - Due to some items weight or size (furniture, espresso machines etc), some items will be charged a higher shipping rate and are excluded from our free shipping deal. Shipping for bulky items starts from $20 and is dependent on weight/size and destination.
Delivery Times - Within New Zealand we use PBT and NZ Post couriers. We aim to dispatch your order by the next working day and it usually takes up to 3 working days for delivery depending on your location. Orders placed on Friday afternoons or over the weekend will be dispatched on Monday.
Feel free to contact us if you have any specific delivery requests. We will do our best to accommodate! We do try to ensure orders are delivered within the delivery target period as advised by the courier companies. However, we do not guarantee delivery of orders within these delivery targets due to courier delays or unforeseen circumstances.
For overseas customers you will have the option of standard NZ Post International Air (not a tracked service, up to 12 working days) and NZ Post Courier (up to 10 working days).
Orders from outside New Zealand may be subject to duties and taxes, which are processed once your shipment reaches your country. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so please check with your local customs office for further information. Mooch takes no responsibility for any extra customs charges or delays at your countries border.
If any goods arrive damaged, please email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery.