Shun Kanso Chefs Knife 20cmShun
The Kanso 20cm Chefs Knife is an all-purpose knife, ideal for a wide variety of cutting tasks. The chef's knife is the one knife no cook can be without and will soon become a valuable asset to your kitchen. The 20cm length is perfect for preparing fruits, vegetables, meat, poultry, and a variety of other foods.The Kanso Chefs Knife is based on its Asian counterpart, the gyuto. It offers a wider heel, a fairly flat profile toward the heelperfect for push cutsbut also has a little belly from mid-blade toward the tip so that it can be gently 'rocked' through fresh herbs or spices to produce a very fine mince. The tagayasan-wood handles are slightly contoured, enabling an easy and comfortable chef's grip while cutting.
If you have admired the simple lines and effortless grace of Japanese design, you have experienced Kanso. Kanso is a design principle based on Zen philosophy. It means 'simplicity' , but simplicity that is achieved by eliminating the non-essential. To create Shun Kanso, Kai Shun has taken away anything that doesn't matter and kept everything that does; high-performance steel, razor-sharp edge, with full tang construction providing the perfect balance and precision cutting control.The steel is Japanese AUS10Ahighly refined, high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel that takes a razor-sharp edge and holds it longer. Kanso's Heritage finish hides scratches and gives Kanso a rustic look that just improves with age. The handle is made of tagayasan wood, sometimes known as 'iron sword wood.' The handle contouring enables an easy chef's grip. Full-tang construction provides strength, balance, and easy cutting control. Like all Shun knives, Kanso is sharpened to a 16° cutting angle each side to cut cleanly and help preserve food's freshness and best taste.Kanso is a simple and beautiful kitchen knife with a rustic, heritage finish that performs every time.
- Blade Material:Japanese AUS10A blade steel - highly refined, high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel that takes a razor-sharp edge and holds it longer.
- Cutting Angle:Double bevelled 16° cutting angle each side
- Blade Finish:Heritage-finish blade provides a rustic look that hides scratches and improves with age with a patina
- Handle Material:Contoured tagayasan wood handle - known as 'iron sword wood' , tagayasan is dense, durable and beautiful
- Blade length:20cm
- Handcrafted in Japan
- NSF certified for use in commercial kitchens. Shun knives are provided with a limited warranty from manufacturing defects.