Made from carbon steel - the material of choice for many professional chefs - De Buyer's frying pans are durable, versatile and a great all-rounder for your kitchen.
Lighter than cast iron and more heat conductive than stainless steel, carbon steel darkens and becomes naturally non-sitck after seasoning without any chemicals, PFOA, PTFE or synthetic coating. The more you use it, the better it gets!
With a 18.5cm cooking surface, the 26cm Frying Pan is ideal for cooking for three people, cooking 2 chicken breasts, reheating leftovers or sauteing vegetables. The 2.5mm base performs very well at high temperatures and is perfect for sauteing, searing, browning, simmering and more. The uncoated material allows for high heat cooking and naturally enhances the flavour of your food.
- Cooking qualities: 2.5mm base and carbon steel material allow for high heat cooking perfect for sealing, browning and grilling. Sealing quickly keeps vitamins and nutrients in the food.
- Seasoning: the more the pans are used, the better the performance. The darker is becomes, the better it is for natural non-stick properties and removes the need for any coating (chemical, PFOA & PTFE Free)
- Preferred choice for professionals: lighter than cast iron, more heat conductive than stainless steel and natural non-stick seasoning allows for high heat cooking without synthetic coating.
- Long riveted steel handle with epoxy coating is designed to stay cool and keep your hands away from the heat.
- Organic Beeswax-based protective finish prevents oxidation
- Good for the environment: fully recyclable and make with environmentally safe production
- Made from carbon steel (99% Iron, 1% carbon)
- Made in France
- Suitable for all cooktops including induction and oven safe for flash use only (less than 200 degrees for less than 10 mins).
- Not dishwasher safe.
- Dimensions: Diameter 26cm, Cooking Surface 18.5cm, Base thickness 2.5mm
- Weight: 2kg
Care & Use:
- Remove beeswax coating before first use by scrubbing with hot water and soft sponge.
- Handwash only. Avoid dishwashers, harsh soaps and materials that will strip the seasoning.
- Please note seasoning is required before first use. Pour a thin layer of a high smoke point oil (grapeseed, canola, peanut etc) on the bottom of the pan and apply slightly up the sides. Heat up. Once the oil starts smoking let the pan cool on the side. Remove oil and let dry. Wipe down the sides with oil and store in a dry place when done using.
Committed to the culinary art, professionals chefs, home cooks and lovers of fine cuisine, De Buyer has been manufacturing kitchenware and utensils in France for nearly two centuries. In partnership with chefs, they design and manufacture technical, robust and functional kitchenware that is perfectly adapted to the current demands of professional kitchens.
Otago - Free Local Shipping within Otago (excludes bulky items).
Rest of NZ - Free Shipping with orders over $99 (excludes bulky items). Shipping for orders less than $99 starts from $6.21 (dependent on weight and destination).
Bulky/Heavy Items - Due to some items weight or size (furniture, espresso machines etc), some items will be charged a higher shipping rate and are excluded from our free shipping deal. Shipping for bulky items starts from $20 and is dependent on weight/size and destination.
Delivery Times - Within New Zealand we use PBT and NZ Post couriers. We aim to dispatch your order by the next working day and it usually takes up to 3 working days for delivery depending on your location. Orders placed on Friday afternoons or over the weekend will be dispatched on Monday.
Feel free to contact us if you have any specific delivery requests. We will do our best to accommodate! We do try to ensure orders are delivered within the delivery target period as advised by the courier companies. However, we do not guarantee delivery of orders within these delivery targets due to courier delays or unforeseen circumstances.
For overseas customers you will have the option of standard NZ Post International Air (not a tracked service, up to 12 working days) and NZ Post Courier (up to 10 working days).
Orders from outside New Zealand may be subject to duties and taxes, which are processed once your shipment reaches your country. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so please check with your local customs office for further information. Mooch takes no responsibility for any extra customs charges or delays at your countries border.
If any goods arrive damaged, please email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery.