De Buyer's Crepe Pan is perfect for making or reheating tortillas, crepes, pancakes or omelettes. Made from blue carbon steel - a 100% natural blend of iron and carbon and a professional favourite - it's incredibly durable, it can be heated to a high temperature, has a very low stick surface and produces a very even distribution of heat.
Made with thinner iron than de Buyer's Mineral B range, the Blue Carbon Steel range is much more lightweight than traditional carbon steel. The thinner metal means it heats up and cools down much quicker and is better suited for low to medium heat cooking. The 'blue' colour is created when undergoning a heat treatment that helps to increase its durability and prevent rust and oxidation.
- Cooking qualities: flat base and shallow widely turned-out sides for even heat distribution and allows for easy turning and flipping.
- Seasoning: the more the pans are used, the better it is for natural non-stick properties and removes the need for any coating (chemical, PFOA & PTFE Free)
- Preferred choice for professionals: lighter than cast iron, more heat conductive than stainless steel and natural non-stick seasoning allows for high heat cooking without synthetic coating.
- Thinner iron: much more lightweight than traditional carbon steel and heats up and cools down much quicker.
- Durable and robust: heat treated to prevent rust and oxidation.
- Long riveted steel handle with epoxy coating is designed to stay cool and keep your hands away from the heat.
- Can be used on the BBQ - over open flames or grill.
- Made from carbon steel (99% Iron, 1% carbon)
- Made in France.
- Suitable for all cooktops including induction.
- Not dishwasher safe.
- Dimensions: Length 35.5cm, Diameter 18cm, Cooking Surface 14cm, Base thickness 2mm
- Weight: 0.6kg
Care & Use:
- Handwash only. Avoid dishwashers, harsh soaps and materials that will strip the seasoning.
- Please note seasoning is required before first use. Pour a thin layer of a high smoke point oil (grapeseed, canola, peanut etc) on the bottom of the pan and apply slightly up the sides. Heat up. Once the oil starts smoking let the pan cool on the side. Remove oil and let dry. Wipe down the sides with oil and store in a dry place when done using.
Committed to the culinary art, professionals chefs, home cooks and lovers of fine cuisine, De Buyer has been manufacturing kitchenware and utensils in France for nearly two centuries. In partnership with chefs, they design and manufacture technical, robust and functional kitchenware that is perfectly adapted to the current demands of professional kitchens.
We offer free shipping to NZ with orders over $99. This excludes bulky items.
Within New Zealand we use PBT and NZ Post couriers. We aim to dispatch your order by the next working day and it usually takes up to 3 working days for delivery depending on your location. Orders placed on Friday afternoons or over the weekend will be dispatched on Monday.
Feel free to contact us if you have any specific delivery requests. We will do our best to accommodate! We do try to ensure orders are delivered within the delivery target period as advised by the courier companies. However, we do not guarantee delivery of orders within these delivery targets due to courier delays or unforeseen circumstances.
For overseas customers you will have the option of standard NZ Post International Air (not a tracked service, up to 12 working days) and NZ Post Courier (up to 10 working days).
Orders from outside New Zealand may be subject to duties and taxes, which are processed once your shipment reaches your country. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so please check with your local customs office for further information. Mooch takes no responsibility for any extra customs charges or delays at your countries border.
If any goods arrive damaged, please contact us on (+64) 03 441 4425 or firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of delivery.